* Contestants must already hold all rights to their photos *
* Contestants will not forfeit ownership of or rights to their photos *
* Photos must be commercially unpublished *
* The contestant agrees to give SSWA the right to use the photo(s) for PR/education
purposes. This may include, but not be limited to, SSWA letterhead, newsletters, website,
posters, displays, etc.
* Photos used by SSWA will include a photographer credit.
* SSWA will not sell or loan any photos to a third party.
* The inclusion of people, buildings or manufactured objects, except as minor background, is strongly
discouraged. This is first and foremost a competition that aims to encourage highlighting the wonders of
the natural environment.
* The entry limit is a maximum of four photos per contestant.
* SSWA reserves the right to allot entries to appropriate categories.
* Photos must be taken anywhere within the SSWA regional boundary. See maps at www.sswa.ca.
* Contestants may reside within or outside the SSWA boundary, but must be PEI year-round or summer
* No parameters are given for photo resolution (dpi), but the better the clarity (focus), the better the
quality … and the more likely to impress the judge.
* Contestants are permitted to make minor adjustments to their photos, limited to contrast adjustment
* Photos are to be submitted as JPEG files sent as email attachments.
How to Submit a Photo
* Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: 2022 Photo Contest [plus add your surname].
* The following information must be included in the body of the email: – Contestant’s name, mailing address and phone number. – Approximate location where photo was taken.
By submitting an entry, contestants agree to abide by the Contest rules.
* Results will be announced at the SSWA 2022 AGM.
*Prizes will be mailed out after the AGM.
* First-place photos will be framed and displayed at the SSWA AGM as 8×10 colour prints.